To celebrate the launch of the brand new Horror-on-Sea Film Festival we are organising a Faux Horror Trailer Contest. Filmmakers are invited to get their creative juices flowing and come up with one, or more, faux trailers, similar to those included in Tarantino and Rodriguez’s ‘Grindhouse’ double bill. The best trailers will be screened at Horror-on-Sea as ‘coming attractions’ before selected feature films.
1.The trailer must be between 30 seconds and 2 minutes in length.
2. The trailer must be from an original idea using all original footage filmed by the filmmaker.
3. The filmmaker must have permission for any copyrighted music used in their trailer. Professional royalty free music can be purchased and downloaded from www.musicloops.com for a very reasonable price.
4. Animated trailers may be submitted.
5. The Contest is open to filmmakers aged 16 or over. However, winning films may be shown before an ‘18’ rated film, meaning filmmakers aged 16 or 17 will not be able to attend the screening.
6. The trailer must contain the Title of the Faux horror film.
7. A £5 entry fee is required for each trailer submitted.
8. All trailers must be submitted by Saturday 3rd November 2012. We will announce the winners by Friday 30th November 2012.
9. Filmmakers whose trailer(s) are selected for screening at Horror-on-Sea will receive a day pass for the day their trailer(s) will be shown.
Print out and fill in the Application form. You can download it from here.
Send us a copy of your Trailer on a DVD with the completed application form to
Faux Trailer Contest The White Bus Ltd TAP, The Old Waterworks North Road Southend on Sea Essex SS0 7AB
To enter the competition a £5 application fee is required. There are two ways that you can pay the fee.
1. Send us a cheque with your DVD for £5 made out to The White Bus Ltd
2. Via Paypal Below. You will need a paypal account which can be set up free of charge here